Friday, November 22, 2013

Being Thankful

The Birth of Jesus in a picture

But this is truly what it was about!
 
    Starting on the first of November, I have seen many people mention each day one thing that they are thankful for.  Many of said their families, people in their lives and many other things.   What people are writing is such a blessing and to hear about what they are thankful for.  I have pretty much stayed away from this practice. The reason I have stayed away from each day mentioning what I am thankful for is that I have so very much to be thankful for.
 
Over the last 6 months, we have seen God reach down and bless us so much.  We have been able, even though our Ministry Partnership has been decreasing; to have the Lord bless us with our very first home.  We have seen both of children develop into fantastic young adults.  We seen God open so many doors in North Africa and the Middle East.  God has led me to work with churches in Kuwait, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon.  Then to make the last couple of months even better, I watched God do some very incredible things in Israel and was able to work with a FANTASTIC team.
 
Even with all that God has done and blessed us with, the GREATEST blessing that He has done for us is that He created a way for us to have an eternity.  It all started with the birth of His Son, Jesus Christ and was fulfilled on the cross.  With all the many things to be THANKFUL for, the one thing that I am thankful for each day is the LOVE my God has for me everyday.  An eternal love.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment