Thursday, September 26, 2013

First Complete Day

    It has been a very interesting day.  I was told today that it is the first day in a very long time that there was a breeze and it is cool.  Okay, 95 degrees is a cool day...okay I guess it all about perspective.  My perspective is that this is a very beautiful city and so ready for a great work to happen here , but it is still hot. I promise that tomorrow I will get some pictures of the city uploaded on this so you can see the city and the AMAZING buildings here.  This evening I spent time with a friend discussing Islam and Christianity, how they differ and how Islam came to be.  It was a great time of discussion.  I am so thankful that God has allowed me to understand this religion.  Although I am not perfect and am not a know it all, I am just blessed to be able to have the knowledge I have....Thank you Lord.
    Tomorrow I am headed to the largest Evangelical Church in the city.  It actually has different parts of the church that reach out to the multitude of Nationalities here.  I am praying that this will be the beginning of some more things to come in the future. 
    Here are few prayer request:
          1.  Praising God for today, and what has happened.
          2.  For the church service tomorrow and the meetings that are going to happen.  Divine wisdom and knowledge.
          3.  I mentioned this on Facebook and will hold off sharing it there yet.  I spoke about a new adventure that Jeannine and I started this last summer.  Please pray for us as we are going through the final processes of getting our very first home. And please pray for Jeannine as she is wrapping up the details that arise all my herself.  God has richly blessed us so far, but as we near the final pieces we could use all of your prayers.  I can't wait to share with you how God has worked this out for us.  Please again, join us in prayer but when the time is right we would like to share it on Facebook.
          4.   For rest for me.  I am up still and it is way after midnight here.
          5.   For my family at home.
     May each of you have a blessed rest of your day and I look forward to posting again tomorrow.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment