Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Worry...Is It Neccessary?

 
 One of my favorite pictures of Jeannine and I. 
 Enjoying a Stockton Ports baseball game.
 
WORRYING
Is It Necessary?
 
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin.Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own
Matthew 6:25-34
 
 
     How many of us read the above verses and really take the words to heart.  As November ended with us giving Thanks for the many blessings in our lives and the last month of 2013, December begins; each of us begin to look forward to what 2014 will bring us.  What are our lives going to be, will we have a better year then this last one, and what does God have planned for us this next year.  Many of us have already started worrying about it.  Yes, you read that word right....worrying. 
      Why do we worrying?  I ask myself that question everyday, not just once but several times each day.  Jeannine says when I am worrying, I don't sleep, I am always finding projects to do, I eat chocolate and I becoming quiet.  I think the quiet is the "giveaway."  You all know me and being quiet is definitely not one of my attributes.  Transparency:  I talk all the time, even in my sleep.  I will tell you my greatest worry in another BlogSpot to com, but back to the question of why we worry.  I really do believe that many of us are like the disciples.  We have "little faith." Many times I have asked myself, how the disciples could not have faith, since they actually walked with Jesus and saw Him do wonderful things everyday.  I think I am beginning to understand.  It is our human nature that makes us worry.  In the disciples defense, they were learning as they walked with Jesus and they only had 3 years.  I have been a Believer since I was 7.  I have been in the ministry for the last 12 years.  I have seen God do some really incredible miracles, bless friends and family over and over again, and answer so many prayers.  And I still have worry and it is because I must admit that I don't have enough faith.   I am learning and each day the worry gets less. 
      I believe that our Christian lives here are to become more like our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ more each day.  That our time, is to learn and grow to become more Christ-like.  I know I still have things to learn and I know God is working in my life.  So someday, probably when I get to Heaven, I will be stop worrying. 
      Thank you again for letting me ramble again on the BlogSpot.  This has been such a blessing to me as I am able to write what is on my heart.  If you would like to know more about us, if you would like to become more involved in our ministry whether through how you can specifically pray for us or to become financial Ministry Partners with us, please let me know.  If God is moving you to become more involved, please don't wait....when God Calls we all need to act immediately.

God Bless and have a great month....Ron
    
 
 
 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Worry has always been an issue with me Brother Ron. When I wasn't worrying about something in particular I was worried about why I wasn't worried. LOL I am so thankful that you have this Blog. I truly enjoy it and it helps me in such a sweet way. I love the picture of you and your precious bride Jeannine. Forgive me if I misspelled her name. God placed you together for this journey that He knew you would walk before you were even married, before you were even born. Isn't that something!!!! Yes, we never know what God is going to call us to do in our lives here, we must have faith and step out of the boat. Praying for you and for what God has for you today and in the future. Blessings Stacie Rogers Reid

    ReplyDelete