Thursday, October 3, 2013

Saving Everything in Our Hearts

 
I found this on a post as we were driving around and I found it so profound.  How many of us feel that we can "save everything" in our hearts?  A better question is: How many of us save our relationship with Jesus Christ in our hearts?  The problem arises when we don't share the love that he has given us to others.  I love what Luke 12:8-9: "I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever disowns me before others will be disowned before the angels of God." In this one verse we get a call to go out and be transparent with our relationship with Jesus Christ.
I wonder why more people aren't publicly acknowledging their relationship with Jesus Christ.  I once sat with this very good friend and as a lot of my discussions progress, I told him about a future project and said he needs to go.  He looked at me and said, Ron, I believe there are many right here in our town that need Jesus Christ and I feel this is where I need to be.  My response was that is fantastic, because we are called to go to  "Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.(Acts 1:8)”  I didn't care that he didn't feel called to go to the ends of the earth with me but that he was just going out and acknowledging and sharing Jesus Christ.  The challenge is does our actions match the call in our lives. 
Luke 12:8-9 and Acts 1:8 are not optional.  Luke says that if we acknowledge Him, He will acknowledge us.  Acts says go.  It all goes back to that one comment on the post, this person is saving every thing in their hearts;  are we doing the same thing?  I sure hope and pray that I am not.  That I am acknowledging my Jesus Christ and that I am going, no matter what the call or job is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment