The above picture was taken when we first arrived in Amman, Jordan to start this wild journey. It is amazing how far we have come since that day. This last year has been the most exciting of all of my years in the ministry. There have been times of great joy and celebration then times of sorrow and frustration.
Hebrews 12:28 says: "Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe."
This is really one of my favorite verses because if you really look what it is saying then we are to not be shaken in anything and in all things be thankful, good and bad; because we someday we are going to be a kingdom that God created just for us. Now that is a promise that each of us must grab hold of and never let go.
So here is my THANKFUL LIST and believe me it is not complete:
1. I am thankful to God. Because of His Love for me I am guaranteed to be in His Kingdom.
2. My wife, Jeannine, that has faithfully walked this road with me. She has endured my extended travel alone. She supports me, prays for me, and loves me when I am not sure about many things. She is a rock even though while I am gone she stands alone.
3. My children, all 4 of them now. They are amazing people of character, integrity, love, compassion, understanding and support.
4. To our Great Commission Partners that pray for us and support us so we can continue this crazy journey. Without you, this would road would not be possible.
5. To the Workers and Believers in the region that partner with me and International Commission to do the work of God in an area where their sacrifices I will never understand.
6, For the safety that God continues to grant me as I travel. This year has been the most dangerous for this road. There has been unexpected dinners with people who could easily end my life or that of the team with me. There has been safe passage when I had done something stupid. There have been the many times that I know I have been followed when in countries. And just recently the car bombs that occurred within a few miles of where I was and then the military/police raids that occurred right in front of me.
7. For the protection of God. A great example of His protection was the flight that was delayed out of Frankfurt. Although I was frustrated and yes angry about not being able to be home as planned. When I found out that the brakes were the issue and that there was a possibly of danger upon landing in San Francisco, I thankful that God knew better than I did.
8. I am also thankful for the struggles that I have faced this year. The times where I am not sure about what is going on in His Call. The ways that our financial support has so drastically reduced but yet God continues to provide. And the times that I have been in such extreme pain that I can hardly move.
God continues to amaze me. All I can do is to continue to be thankful. Again thank you for everything that each of you have done and continue to do for us. Finally I am thankful for the picture below because today this is the family that God has blessed me.